We all have workplace stories! Join Ex Fabula and Black professionals for some unique storytelling experiences at the new Saint Kate Arts Hotel! This series will create brave spaces to share truths about the world of work. These workshops are Black led; experienced storytelling coach Rochelle Fritsch and her team will guide participants through interactive, small group activities. Each session is free and open to the public, and will have a different theme – so attend just one or all four. No need to prepare anything in advance. Sign up to come alone or bring a friend, and make sure to come early or stay a bit afterwards to check out Milwaukee’s new arts hotel!
-What to expect-
- Refine existing stories or create structured stories around being a Black professional in the workplace.
- Identify opportunities to tell these stories to a racially diverse audience.
- Tell stories one-on-one and in groups.
- Feel more confident in storytelling.
- Network with a great group of Black professionals.
Workshop Dates & Themes:
November 13th – Foot In The Door: interviewing while Black – screenings, ‘ethnic’ names, and the hiring process.
November 20th – When POC are Workplace Educators: hair, soul food, the ‘Hood’ & everything in between.
December 4th – The Nod: supporting each other in the workplace.
December 18th – Beyond The Watercooler and Into The Boardroom: engaging with the right people to be in the right places in white spaces.
All workshop times:
5:30pm check-in, 6pm-8pm workshop