Ex Fabula’s Event Producer Kennita just accepted an exciting position at Imagine MKE, so we’re looking for a new Event Producer. Please spread the word and help us find our next team member!
Job description: Event Producer
Ex Fabula, which is Latin for “from stories”, is a nonprofit that connects Milwaukee through real stories. Our vision is a radically inclusive community that honors the dignity of all people, so we leverage personal stories to help community members connect, advocate and heal. Started as a grassroots effort in 2009, Ex Fabula has grown in response to community input; today, programs include a season of public StorySlams and workshops, collaborations with businesses and nonprofits, and media partnerships that extend the reach of stories told onstage. More information: www.exfabula.org.
We are seeking a facilitator and project manager to plan and implement Ex Fabula storytelling events while building and strengthening relationships with everyone involved. We work from a small, in-home office near Lincoln/Howell and from 5Wise co-working space at 35th/National.Some work can be completed remotely once training is complete; weekly in-person meetings with the Executive Director and other team members will take place during regular business hours.
- Produce all Ex Fabula events, including approximately 30 StorySlams and 90 workshops annually.
- Work with Ex Fabula staff and partners to define goals and create programs that will achieve them.
- Visit partners and venues and communicate with them regarding event planning and logistics.
- Schedule and communicate with contractors (storytelling coaches, photographer, etc) and volunteers.
- Coordinate storyteller selection and preparation (workshops, one-on-one coaching) for curated events.
- Communicate with Marketing and Communications Coordinator about marketing and materials needs.
- Manage budgets and contractor invoices.
- Prepare materials and serve as Stage Manager at all events.
- Evaluate programs to ensure they are achieving the goals.
- Collect and analyze event data (numbers, contact information, story descriptions, and surveys).
- Share data with collaborators and use it to continually improve Ex Fabula programs and processes
- Leverage their network in order to engage more individuals and organizations in Ex Fabula programming.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and access and ability to work well within diverse communities.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to prioritize appropriately while managing multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Three years of project management and/or event planning experience
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot during event planning and implementation
- Continuous improvement mindset and customer service orientation.
- Experience with computers, Microsoft Office applications, databases, and cloud platforms such as Dropbox.
- Strategic and judicious decision-making with consistent follow-through and attention to detail.
- 21+ to ensure access to all event locations.
Ex Fabula is an Equal Opportunity Employer. See our Nondiscrimination Policy here. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically under-represented groups.
This is a full-time salaried position reporting to the Executive Director. The salary range is $31,000 – $35,000 plus travel reimbursement, stipends for healthcare and cell phone, and a generous PTO policy.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and put “Event Producer” in the Subject line.