Ex Fabula is a nonprofit that connects Milwaukee through real stories. Our vision is a radically inclusive community that honors the dignity of all people, so we leverage personal stories to help community members grow, connect, and heal. Our programs include a season of public StorySlams and workshops, collaborations with businesses, schools, and nonprofits, and media partnerships that extend the reach of stories told onstage. Learn more at www.exfabula.org.
We are seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. Our small but mighty team works partly from home and partly from 5Wise co-working space at 35th/National. The schedule is variable with occasional evenings and weekends required; weekly in-person meetings will take place during regular business hours.
- Data entry
- Accurately enter event data into databases, spreadsheets, and event calendars.
- Key in surveys and UltraShorts.
- Volunteer Management
- Schedule volunteer orientations, check in volunteers, and coordinate the paperwork.
- Communicate with volunteers about service opportunities, coordinate scheduling, and send reminder emails.
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation efforts including giving t-shirts to regular volunteers and hosting volunteer gatherings.
- Community Outreach
- Distributing fliers around the community.
- Assembling mailings.
- Tabling at events, including set up and take down.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and access; ability to work well within diverse communities, including the ability to foster brave spaces and interrupt harm.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Strategic and judicious decision-making with consistent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, Google applications including calendar and sheets, and cloud platforms like Dropbox.
- Reliable transportation to 5Wise and to event locations around Milwaukee County.
- 21+ to ensure access to all event locations.
Ex Fabula is an Equal Opportunity Employer. See our Nondiscrimination Policy here. We strongly encourage applications from People of Color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and members of other historically underrepresented groups.
This is a part-time, hourly position reporting to the Executive Director. Pay rate is $17.50/hour, capped at 15 hours per week maximum.
To apply, please send your resume along with something (cover letter, audio, video, etc) that explains why you want this job and what makes you well-suited to the position to Megan (at) exfabula.org. Please put Admin in the Subject line. (Post date: October 13, 2022)