Ex Fabula is growing again!
For Season 10, we want everyone in the region to know about the many opportunities to connect with others over true, personal stories – so we’re hiring a Marketing & Communications Associate. Please spread the word and help us find our next fabulous team member!
7/20/18 update: We’ve received lots of applications from qualified candidates and are reviewing them, so at this time, we’re no longer accepting additional applications.
Marketing & Communications Associate
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Start Date: July 2018
Employment Type: Full time. Variable schedule with some evenings and weekends required.
Compensation: $37 – 41K based on experience. Monthly stipend for healthcare; cell phone reimbursement.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Ex Fabula strengthens community bonds through the art of storytelling. Our programs include monthly StorySlams, public Storytelling workshops, a radio show, and community collaborations that allow Milwaukeeans of all stripes to be heard, listen to true personal stories and meaningfully connect. Learn more at www.exfabula.org.
The Marketing & Communications Associate will design and implement a multicultural marketing strategy that will increase the community’s awareness of, participation in, and support for Ex Fabula programming. This includes updating collateral across mediums to ensure consistent branding. As a result, Ex Fabula will grow the number and diversity of participants and volunteers, be supported by more members and sponsors, and be contracted by more businesses and community groups to facilitate storytelling experiences.
This position offers a flexible schedule and the opportunity to complete some work remotely once training is complete; weekly in-person meetings with the Executive Director and other staff will take place during regular business hours.
Strategy and Measurement
- Create, document and implement a comprehensive marketing, communications and branding strategy that will share Ex Fabula’s stories and deepen Ex Fabula’s impact.
- Work with staff to review and refine Ex Fabula terminology so that Ex Fabula services can be communicated more clearly and succinctly.
- Propose success measures; collect and analyze data for those measures, and use it to refine strategies.
- Work with the Executive Director to grow Ex Fabula’s Marketing, Communications and Development efforts.
- Work closely with Event Producer and Executive Director to determine event promotion and PR needs.
- Create engaging marketing content including but not limited to press releases, fliers and posters, blogs, e-newsletters, print mailings, and social media posts.
- Manage the conception and creation of development collateral including but not limited to an annual report, funder update emails, membership appeals and materials, donor thank you letters, corporate sponsorship materials, and fee-for-service documents.
- Write compelling letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and grant reports.
- Update Ex Fabula’s website (WordPress platform) and manage events via WooCommerce e-ticketing platform.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public and from media reps – via email and in person at events.
- Work closely with Community Connector to involve volunteers in marketing efforts such as planning Ex Fabula Radio shows, blogging at events, submitting events to community calendars, and distributing flyers and posters.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within diverse communities in Milwaukee.
- Ability to communicate passionately to a wide range of audiences in multiple formats (written, oral, visually).
- Enthusiasm for Ex Fabula’s mission and our values of equity, inclusion and access.
- 3 years PR/marketing experience or transferable skill set that would uniquely qualify you for this work.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Strategic and judicious decision-making with consistent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, cloud platforms such as Dropbox, and WordPress sites.
- Graphic design skills and knowledge of design software preferred.
- 21+ to ensure access to all event locations.
Ex Fabula is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per note above, we’re no longer accepting applications.