Ex Fabula’s Board is a diverse group of dedicated volunteers with a shared vision: a radically equitable community that honors the dignity of all people. We believe that when people tell their true personal stories, we can build connections, community, empathy and understanding.
|PRESIDENT, Meghan Koven||SECRETARY, Rae Johnson||TREASURER, Jasmine Hawkins|
|Jeremy Podolski||David Lee||Melissa Gleason|
|Dan Mueller||Stacie Rosenzweig|
Leadership Opportunities on the Board of Directors
The Role of the Board
We are a working board and each Board Director supports Ex Fabula by:
- Envisioning the future and developing strategy to advance our mission.
- Being a thought partner with our Executive Director to execute strategies and tactics.
- Reviewing and approving financial documents.
- Recruiting other Board Directors and Committee members while ensuring that the Board’s demographics reflect those of the Greater Milwaukee region.
- Setting goals and measuring progress toward those goals.
- Telling Ex Fabula’s story to our networks.
- Asking people and organizations to donate, collaborate, attend, and support Ex Fabula.
- Making a meaningful financial contribution to Ex Fabula – and enjoying the benefits that come with membership.
Terms and time commitment
|Ex Fabula Board Directors serve a 3-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for up to three consecutive terms. Board meetings are held 5 times per year, and Committee meetings are held on an as-needed basis.||
“Technology creates a certain isolation. Ex Fabula’s events erase this isolation in real time, and help us connect to the people around us.”
– Dan Mueller
We review applications for Board Directors through several lenses. We want to bring people to our Board who:
- Know us and love the work we do.
- Have connections to “influencers” who can provide significant financial support or connect us to those who can.
- Enjoy sharing Ex Fabula’s story with colleagues, friends and family, and wooing them for support.
- Have the time required to dig in and follow-through on tasks and small projects.
- Enjoy continuous learning, especially related to their personal understanding of equity and inclusion.
We’re especially interested in connecting with potential candidates who:
- Have expertise in accounting and/or finance.
- Are interested in Board Leadership opportunities such as serving as an officer.
- Occupy leadership positions at Milwaukee-area corporations.
Individuals from historically marginalized populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Service on the Ex Fabula Board of Directors is a volunteer position and without remuneration.
For more information, please contact David Lee, Chair, Ex Fabula Governance Committee.
“Ex Fabula facilitates brave spaces to be heard and seen. Their work is liberating for the larger Milwaukee community so that we all may show up as whole humans with dignity and value.”
– Rae Johnson