Are you a teen? Do you want to create your very own episode of an award winning podcast? Apply today for the chance to become an EF intern!
As part of Ex Fabula’s mission to use storytelling to connect the community, Ex Fabula has partnered with 89.7 WUWM to produce the award-winning radio show and podcast Real Stories MKE. Real Stories MKE is heading into its 4th season and is looking for two youth interns to join the podcast team and be involved in all levels of producing this season. The Youth Affinity Storytelling (YAS) Interns will learn from a professional radio show team and get hands-on experience in concept development, scriptwriting, recording, and editing. At the end of the internship, students will get the chance to fully produce, host, and edit their own episode of Real Stories MKE. Other duties may include selecting, collecting, and crafting stories to share on other digital platforms such as Ex Fabula’s blog, social media, and partner media outlets.
The internship will take place from July 10th- Aug 18th, with interns working 10-15 hours per week. Exact days and hours are negotiable but will be scheduled between 10am-6pm weekdays. A few weekend & evening events scheduled with notice.
- Using Ex Fabula’s story archive to research themes for future Real Stories MKE episodes
- Aid in the selection of stories to feature on the radio show, blog posts, social media, and partner media outlets
- Shadow Real Stories MKE team during a recording of an episode
- Attend Storytelling, Podcast Hosting/Producing, and Audio Editing workshops led by Ex Fabula staff
- Participate in one-on-one coaching
- Attend weekly check-ins with Ex Fabula supervisor
- Write and host an episode of Real Stories MKE
- Assist in the editing of the youth-hosted Real Stories MKE episode
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials for the youth-hosted episode
If you are interested, please apply through MKE REC’s website: https://mpsresearch.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_81vrADqk64ofo3A
Positions will be filled on a rolling basis. Final application deadline is May 31st, 2023.
Ex Fabula is committed to equity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, individuals with disabilities, and members of other historically under-represented groups.
Leave A Comment