Risk. Some people avoid it like the plague, taking calculated risks only when absolutely necessary. Others believe without risk there’s no real reward. On Friday, November 17th the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center invited Ex Fabula to its beautiful stage for a special, curated Storytelling event focused on the theme “Risking It.” The event featured stories from community members – including several first-time tellers who participated in storytelling workshops earlier this fall.
Happy New Year! We hope it was safe and festive! A new year indicates fresh beginnings & experiences. A time of renewal and appreciation for life’s offerings.Continue reading “UltraShorts and January Events”
Workshops, community, storytelling – and a bit of magic! Ex Fabula and Waukesha Reads continue to build upon their community partnership, this year presenting a series of events exploring the themes of this year’s book, A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K Le Guin.
At 3 free workshops, attendees of all ages will work alongside an Ex Fabula Coach who will guide participants through exercises to find, craft and share a true, personal story on the theme “Coming of Age”. No pre-registration required; just show up!
- Tuesday October 6 | 2:30pm to 5:00 pm
- Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in the Fine Arts building of UW-Waukesha, 1500 N University Drive
- Thursday October 22 | 6:00pm to 8:30 pm
- Oak Room in New Hall at Carroll University, 200 E. College Ave
- Saturday October 24 | 1:00pm to 3:30 pm
- Waukesha Community Arts Project, 320 South Street
Workshop participants will also have the chance to showcase their talents at a free, noncompetitive “Coming of Age” themed StorySlam:
- Thursday November 5 | 7 pm
- Waukesha Civic Theatre, 264 W Main Street
Additional information about Waukesha Reads and other events can be found on their website, http://waukeshareads.org.